Who we are
Our website address is: https://propat.co.za.
Prop@T views all clients’: Property Buyers and Property Sellers information and correspondence as confidential, and as set out in;
- Financial Intelligence Control Act (FICA)
FICA effectively establishes a partnership between the private and the public sector to assist in the identification of parties to a transaction that relates to money payments and deposits - Thereby combating money laundering activities.
Buyers and Sellers need to be identified by FICA process, with copy of their Identification and Utility Bills to prove residence, this information is kept safe and confidential as the;
- The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI)
To promote the protection of personal information processed by public and private bodies; to introduce certain conditions so as to establish minimum requirements for the processing of personal information; to provide for the establishment of an Information Regulator to exercise certain powers and to perform certain duties and functions in terms of this Act and the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000; to provide for the issuing of codes of conduct; to provide for the rights of persons regarding unsolicited electronic communications and automated decision making; to regulate the ﬂow of personal information across the borders of the Republic; and to provide for matters connected therewith.
- the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996, provides that everyone has the right to privacy;
- the right to privacy includes a right to protection against the unlawful collection, retention, dissemination and use of personal information;
- the State must respect, protect, promote and fulﬁl the rights in the Bill of Rights;
AND BEARING IN MIND THAT—
- consonant with the constitutional values of democracy and openness, the need for economic and social progress, within the framework of the information society, requires the removal of unnecessary impediments to the free ﬂow of information, including personal information;
AND IN ORDER TO—
- regulate, in harmony with international standards, the processing of personal information by public and private bodies in a manner that gives effect to the right to privacy subject to justiﬁable limitations that are aimed at protecting other rights and important interests.